BEST SELLER - How Can Companies with Multi-State Employees Ensure Compliance for State Regulations
Product ID : BEST-MAFA-0005
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 90 Minutes
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP is a senior level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A former Compliance Officer for Federal Defense Contracting Industry, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public and Non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural. Margie’s focus is on multi-state, national, state and local workplace compliance. Additionally, Margie is working on International compliance initiatives globally which include workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to professionals, business owners and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations. Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from the Society for Human Resources Management. Margie has completed the Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional training and is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
Many companies have challenges keep track and keeping up with all the workplace laws and regulations that impact companies with more than 20 employees when they are in one state. Think of the challenges when the company has locations in multiple states and even across International locations. Companies are at risk for several workplace laws that can impact many parts of an organization. From staffing, hiring, compensation, background screening, employee leave management, performance, social media, public sector, termination and discrimination are just some of the areas that will impact the risk management in companies and companies should take this seriously.
- Vacation restrictions
- Management decisions risk for “Vicarious Liability”
- Termination and deducting from last paycheck
As you can see, the list above is not exhaustive. In fact, it does not include all the workplace regulations that are indicated in some of the states. Although the list is daunting, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
To identify what state specific regulations, have to be in compliance?
- What multi-state regulations they need to be aware of and what policies they need to create?
- Which multi-state regulations impact Employers more than others?
- Which new laws have changed the playing field for Employers to reduce risk?
- What policies can be created to mitigate all the new regulations?
- Whether to create policies or create an Employee Handbook to mitigate multi-state laws;
- What communication strategies need to be developed to ensure effective communication by Employers to employees on the many multi-state regulations ;
- What tools need to be used to arm Employers with the many resources that will help them mitigate these regulations?
- Which regulations carry more risk than others?
- What has been the historical perspective with regulations established?
- Why were these regulations created?
- What has driven regulatory agencies to create the many workplace regulations and laws?
- What has been the most helpful regulations created?
- What has been the most challenging regulation for Employers?
- What are the types of challenges that impact Employers from multi-state organizations?
- What are the best practices for organizations with multi-state locations?
- How can we use technology to mitigate the challenges Employers face with multi-state locations?
- What are the challenges with the Global/International workforce?
- What resources can assist organizations in creating strategies to mitigate multi-state challenges?
Who should Attend
As a compliance officer for organizations, I was able to provide resources for the organizations that helped them navigate the numerous workplace compliance challenges. The goal is not to train you to be an expert in each of these areas, but to be aware enough to mitigate compliance concerns and make you a champion in your organization. This seminar will help you identify the many workplace regulations that impact not only state specific organizations but, it will help identify the numerous regulations for multi-state organizations.CEOs
- Board of Directors
- Management and Strategic Leadership
- HR Workplace Compliance Professionals (Officers, Directors, Managers and Specialists)
- Senior HR Professionals
- Managers, Supervisors, Leaders
- Potential Managers wanting to learn about current and new laws & regulations
- Anyone Interest in Learning More About Workplace Compliance Regulations