Best Practices for Using Your Quality Management System’s Quality Objectives and KPIs for Meaningful Process Improvement
Product ID : MATH-0001
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 60 Minutes
- Education: Bachelor of Arts Economics - Cleveland State University 1980
- MBA, Masters of Business Administration- Baldwin-Wallace College 1986
- 40 years of industrial & service focused process improvement experience
- Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Operations, Materials Management experience as an employee of companies such as; Picker International, Van Dorn Plastic Machinery, Stanley Works
- 29 years of successful quality management system design & development
- 22 years as President of Innovative Quality Services Company, Inc.
- Webinar training and material development ComplianceOnLine.com & Paton Professional
- Client base includes over 400 organizations on ISO; 14001 EMS, QMS - ISO 9001 17025, 14001, 13485, 45001, OHSAS18001, AS9100 & TS16949 quality management system design, development and registration
- Recognized by Smithers Registration Services, SAI - QMI and BSI as a recommended trainer and consultant • Nadcap program development, documentation services, internal auditing and trainer
- Contract consultant and trainer for Kent State University, The Ohio State University, Columbus State University, Lakeland Community College, Zane State University, Cuyahoga Community College, Miami University – Ohio and the Employers Resource Council - ERC
- Six Sigma/Lean - Operational Excellence trainer & facilitator (Amazon.com, Seaman Corporation, Ohio Packaging, Mentor Machine, Air Power Dynamics, Prentke-Romich Co., Kent State University Financial Affairs, Detroit Diesel)
- Lakeland Community College Instructor – AS9100C & D Upgrade Overview, ISO 14001EMS
- Kent State University, Stark Campus Instructor – Lean Process Improvement, Problem Solving
- Assisted with the delivery of Amazon.com’s initial integration of Operational Excellence in Seattle Washington and Atlanta, Georgia
- Team problem solving, root cause analysis, Team development trainer & facilitator
- Lean Manufacturing project facilitator (Kaizen events)
- Total quality management implementation
- Supply chain Purchasing/Materials Management consulting
- Business planning and business development consulting
- Project Management trainer and consultant
- ACHC – Accreditation Commission for Health Care documentation, training and consulting
- Environmental management system expertise utilizing 5S tools and techniques
- OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001 Workplace Safety and Hazmat trainer and consultant
- Technical troubleshooting trainer and consultant
- Results-driven individual personal & business lives Focus is always on maximizing benefits with meaningful payback for the client
Numbers, data, facts, perfect information all allow us to make more informed less risky decisions in every aspect of our lives. Due to the increased demands and business pressures to do more with fewer resources, decision-makers in every organization are tasked with making fast and informed decisions.
Knowing how what to measure, how to measure it, what the data says where you are now, where you want to be in the future, deciding when the future really is and how to get there are all very complicated decisions. Wrong decisions can destroy a business.
Learn why it is so important to never make costly incorrect decisions and more importantly how to make sound decisions leading to job stability and company profitability.
Michael Mathe has personally assisted well over 400 organizations over the past 25 years with certification to the ISO 9001 series family of standards including ISO 9001, AS9100, IATF 16949, ISO 13485, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 each of which includes major sections on the gathering and use of data. Successful registration includes the need to establish and use these KPIs to identify and act upon necessary process improvements within your business operations.
- A detailed review of each clause within each standard that requires the use of data and the setting of quality objectives
- The meaning and purpose of process measurement
- Understanding how to develop the right measures for your organization and area of responsibility
- Deciding how to measure each quality objective
- Establishing the baseline starting point measures
- Establishing improvement goals once the baselines have been set
- How to measure consistently allowing proper interpretation of results
- Using your objectives to make world-class process improvement decisions
- Improving upon your improvements – how to manage this never-ending cycle
Course Level - Starts with a basic/fundamental overview and ends with an intermediate tutorial on how to successfully manage your data
Who Should Attend
Everyone who owns and manages data, quality objectives, and process improvement goals and deliverables.
Why Should You Attend
Top management, Quality management, process owners, department managers and every employee involved with the gathering and use of data within your business.