COVID-19: Human Resources Risk Management in a Pandemic
Product ID : REBE-0021
Level : Beginner
Duration : 90 Minutes
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, Ph.D., and President of Advantage Leadership, Inc. work with leaders and their organizations to Increase your bottom-line results through strategic leadership, engaged employees, and delighted customers in all economic sectors. Draw on her proven ability to mentor you through a major change, customizing successful solutions to your complex issues. For over 25 years, Rebecca has contributed value as an executive, manager, educator, and consultant, honored on four continents. She is a Ph.D. in organizational development, a National Speakers Association Legacy Professional Member, and St. Petersburg Engineering Academy Foreign Member and author of books on strategic leadership and planning.
This webinar has been approved for 1.50 business recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
For any further assistance please contact us at email@example.com
COVID-19 is not your typical Human Resources Force Majeure! Human Resources Managers are faced with unique risks related to local, State, and Federal, and international regulations and requirements. HR cannot afford to fail to analyze and plan to mitigate risks systematically. Even more problematic is dealing with unexpected risks such as the coronavirus. Learn to create mitigation plans for anticipated risks and a plan to deal with the unexpected. Use some simple tools to analyze risks and prioritize the need for planning. Be confident as you avoid unnecessary "firefighting" and manage risk strategically.
As a result of this webinar, you will know how to:
- Evaluate the risks you face
- Create mission-driven, results-oriented plans
- Focus on what's important now
- Prepare for a return to the new normal.
- Understand your specific strengths and challenges
- Issues you must deal with
- Analyzing risks and prioritizing your responses
- Executing your plans and focusing on results, not an activity
- Managing your staff remotely; best practices for staying connected
- Striking the balance between the "rules" and flexibility
- What happens to other HR risks?
- Maintaining strong relationships and engagement while physically distancing
- Staying up-to-date and tuning out the noise
- Supporting at-risk employees
- Focusing on the "human" part of human resources; caring, compassion, communication
- Planning for reintegration; applying lessons learned
Course Level - Basic/Fundamental
Who Should Attend
- Chief people officers
- Human resources executives and managers
- Human resource generalists and specialists
- Human resource team members
Why Should You Attend
Whether you had a pandemic preparedness plan, now that we are into the pandemic, we have information available to us of better strategies and approaches in order to slow the spread of the virus among employees and putting systems and policies in place, which allow work from home. Every industry and organization is in a different situation and HR professionals are grappling with establishing approaches that work in your specific environment. Learn how to execute a plan that will work for your organization to keep workers safe.