Best Practices for Retaining Millennials and Other Employees
Product ID : BOVE-0010
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 90 Minutes
Bob Verchota is the owner and senior consultant for RPVerchota& Associates, a consulting firm providing services to clients who seek to align their business and employees, creating successful outcomes and excellent work environments. After 30+ years in Human Resources senior leadership roles and teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses in Leadership and Organizational Development, Bob transitioned to using his experience and skills in consulting.
Mr. Verchota provides solutions to companies for a wide variety of HR issues including training and development, compensation, compliance, policy development, performance management, employee relations and managing change from mergers and acquisitions to project-specific disruptions of the status quo.
Bob has an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, a graduate degree in Healthcare Administration, and doctoral work (ABD) in Organizational Development. He is a lifetime Senior Professional in Human Resources.
This webinar has been approved for 1.50 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
For any further assistance please contact us at email@example.com
The Millennial generation is a force to be reckoned with. They are talented, innovative, entrepreneurial, and creative. They are also highly mobile and prone to job-hopping. Retaining top talent is a key business imperative and old strategies are no longer effective.
More than 60% of Millennials leave their company in less than three years and their turnover is greater than any other generation. In addition, there are now more Millennials than Baby Boomers in the workforce. 60% are open to a different job and 36% will look for a new job in the next year. No question they have their own style, attitudes, and beliefs. Unfortunately, most companies don’t have a focused retention strategy to retain these important employees.
The good news is that Millennials prefer to stay with the same company and they will if given the right environment and opportunities. There are strategies and tactics that can improve retention rates. During this informative webinar, you will learn why Millennials and other employees stay or leave and learn practical techniques you can use to retain the best employees.
- Why Millennial employees stay or leave
- How to measure turnover
- The relationship of compensation to employee satisfaction and motivation
- The relationship of leadership to retention and turnover
- How to create a workplace "community"
- Why recruitment and interviewing are important in managing turnover
- The importance of "stay interviews"
- 135 ideas for reducing turnover
- 10 steps toward great retention
- Ideas for more effective onboarding
- Importance of realistic job previews
- 7 steps to giving effective recognition
- Linking benefits to retention
- The 5 components of the retention model
- Keys for millennial retention
Upon completion of this session, you will be able to:
- Cite factors that contribute to Millennial employee turnover
- Identify strategies for retaining employees
- Understand the link between leadership, employee satisfaction, and turnover
- Measure employee turnover
- Cite three factors that contribute to employee motivation
- Understand the priorities of the Millennial generation
Who Should Attend
- Individuals responsible for employee retention
- Human resources
- Employee development
- Leadership and management
Why Should You Attend
- 1.5 HRCI-approved hours
- Live question and answer session
- Copy of the speaker's presentation slides
- 146 Retention Strategies
- Questions for conducting stay interviews