Mastering The Leap To Management
Product ID : ARRY-0008
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 60 Minutes
An in-demand speaker and author, Larry has delivered more than 2000 paid presentations for association conferences, corporations, and government organization meetings, including He’s spoken for numerous SHRM chapters including Greater Phoenix, Ohio, Inland Empire, Louisiana, and Indiana. He’s also spoken for Harley-Davidson, Southwest Airlines, and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Larry is the co-author of the top-selling book Absolute Honesty: Building A Corporate Culture That Values Straight Talk And Rewards Integrity. He’s written for the Huffington Post and has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal and the Harvard Business Review. He has also been interviewed on CNN. Larry has written more than 100 published articles on the topic of improving organizational culture. Larry holds an M.A. in Counseling Psychology from Northern Arizona University and a CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) designation from the National Speakers Association.
This webinar has been approved for 1.00 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
For any further assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Going from being a doer to one who manages others doing can be a daunting challenge. This webinar gives new managers tools to help them succeed in their new role.
In this 60 minute webinar, Larry will provide you answers to some of the common problems new managers face like:
- Understanding the psychological challenges of making the leap to a managerial/supervisory role
- Avoiding five big mistakes every new manager makes
- Managing friends...and other dangerous activities
- Establishing your authority and understanding its limits and its applications
- Learning to balance letting go with staying in control
- Accepting that you can’t be everyone’s buddy
- A short discussion on why embracing change is essential to organizational and personal survival in the fast-changing world
- Presentation of a research-supported model for understanding the psychological effects of change and how to make them work for you
- Exercise to put the lessons of the model to work in your own life
- Strategic Pain Management® - a technique for managing the pain of the change process for yourself and others
Course Level - Intermediate
Who Should Attend
- New managers and those who wish to have a review
- Supervisor and team leaders
Why Should You Attend
If you are feeling unsure of your ability to manage others effectively, this webinar is for you. If you an experienced manager who would like to have a refresher course on the basics, this webinar is for you. And, if you’re not managing yet, but plan to make the leap in the future, this webinar is for you too.