Changing Behavior: Why Rewards and Punishments Often Aren’t Enough
Product ID : REBE-0016
Level : Beginner
Duration : 90 Minutes
Rebecca Staton-Reinstein, Ph.D., and President of Advantage Leadership, Inc. work with leaders and their organizations to Increase your bottom-line results through strategic leadership, engaged employees, and delighted customers in all economic sectors. Draw on her proven ability to mentor you through a major change, customizing successful solutions to your complex issues. For over 25 years, Rebecca has contributed value as an executive, manager, educator, and consultant, honored on four continents. She is a Ph.D. in organizational development, a National Speakers Association Legacy Professional Member, and St. Petersburg Engineering Academy Foreign Member and author of books on strategic leadership and planning.
Today's workforce is mobile and unwilling to stay in a job where appreciation is rare or where the person is not making a difference. You are judged on the quality of work of your team members, which means you must help them perform at their best. Everyone is unique and requires a unique approach. The fundamentals of human motivation enable you to engage each employee and the entire team for top performance. Learn to get the results you need while building a dedicated team.
- Get specified results by establishing and carrying out a robust plan for team goals and for individual development
- Lead a productive, innovative team using performance planning, delegation, motivation, feedback/coaching, and evaluation
- Create effective relationships and communicate effectively with employees
- Perfect your motivational, engagement, and inspirational skills
Every employee is different and needs a different approach. There is no one-size-fits all when it comes to encouraging employees to perform and improve. Generic rewards and punishments have a de-motivating effect. Learn to apply the latest understanding of what engages today's employees and get the results your organization needs.
- Understanding your Strengths and Challenges when motivating employees
- The role of Mission in motivation
- Developing your mission-driven plan
- Relation of employee's knowledge, experience, and competence to motivation
- Motivators and Demotivators
- Maslow's hierarchy of needs and motivation
- Herzberg's Two Factors and motivation
- McClelland's Acquired Social Needs and motivation
- Internal vs. External motivation
- How do we decide what motivates each person
- Providing effective feedback and coaching
- Maintaining motivation in a virtual environment
Course Level - Basic/Fundamental
Who Should Attend
- Newer managers
- Experienced managers and supervisors who want to enhance their skills for better results
- Team leaders and project managers
- HR professionals
- Anyone interested in managing people
Why Should You Attend
This webinar is designed to help you keep employees motivated and engaged. Most managers wrestle with this fundamental skill to thrive in a competitive marketplace. This persistent problem often comes down to not understanding human psychology and how it operates, especially with four or five generations in the workplace. You don’t have to become a psychologist, but you do have to master some fundamentals if you want to keep employees inspired, engaged, and productive. If you continuously learn from each employee interaction and apply your knowledge to new situations, you will create a productive team of inspired, engaged employees.