Product ID : SAMU-0005
Level : Beginner
Duration : 90 Minutes
Saleh Mubarak, Ph.D.
- Construction project management professional, professor, consultant, author, public speaker, and trainer
- Ph.D. in civil engineering from Clemson University, USA, specialized in Construction Project Management
- Experience: 30+years, diversified:
- Industrial: private and public sectors, in the U.S. and internationally. Positions occupied include project engineer/manager, cost estimator, planner/scheduler, project controls manager, cost manager, training manager
- Academic: faculty member/professor, head of a department
- Extensive experience in continuing education and professional training around the world. Topics are mainly planning & scheduling cost estimating project controls. Topics also include soft skills and their integration with project management
- Author of:
- Construction Project Scheduling and Control (currently 3rd edition, 4th edition is coming soon)
- How to Estimate with Means Data: Basic Skills for Building Construction (currently 4th edition, 5th edition is coming soon)
- Many articles; technical and other
- Many presentations in professional conferences such as PMI, AACE International. The public speaker in many local, regional, and international events
- An authority on project planning, scheduling, and project control
- An advocate of holistic healthy living
This is an introductory seminar that covers topics related to the prevention and resolution of conflicts. It includes an introduction to conflicts; definitions, types, and potential consequences. It also includes important tips for preventing/avoiding conflicts, as well as resolving them in the most effective manner when they happen. It goes on to describe important conflict management skills along with examples and applications.
- Basic definitions and concepts
- Potential consequences of conflicts; both positive and negative
- Types of conflicts/conflict parties
- Evolution of the conflict
- Conflict avoidance / prevention
- Conflict resolution
- Conflict management skills
- Applications of conflict management in construction projects
Course Level - Basic
Who Should Attend
Everyone: Architects, engineers (of all disciplines), contractors, subcontractors, project managers, cost/quantity estimators, project management team members, attorneys/lawyers, executives
Why Should You Attend
This webinar provides important hints for the project management team and everyone else, that can make a big difference for the success; both on the personal and organizational levels. The webinar includes tips and hints for preventing/avoiding conflicts, as well as to resolve them in the most effective manner when they happen. One simple step that takes very little time and cost little or nothing, can have a profound impact on the outcomes of the project and the business in general.
Conflicts arise every day between different parties; individuals, teams, and organizations. These conflicts take a heavy toll on us: Our business, our relationships, and our own quality of life. This webinar will focus on two aspects: preventing conflicts (before they happen) and resolving them efficiently (when they happen). It is particularly important for the project management team.