Cross Cultural Collaboration for Effective Teams
Product ID : AUDR-0002
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 60 Minutes
Audrey Halpern is a soft skills training facilitator consultant with 20+ years of experience. Audrey is currently a faculty member of the American Management Association where she trains communication skills.
Global teams demand special attention to differences in culture, communication barriers, and inherent trust existing among the team members. A lack of cultural awareness in a multicultural environment can create a sense of division among workers. Workers can develop cliques that make it hard to create a sense of teamwork and unity. Instead, the "us" versus "them" mentality that can develop from a lack of cultural awareness can divide workers. These include knowing the cultural differences that exist on the team and taking steps to educate the other team members understanding how this affects how they should approach different situations.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with your colleagues, abroad
- Create and embed a strong vision within a clear connected culture
- Establish peer partnerships, so that members of the team build up personal relationships with their distant team members
- Learn about the definition of Culture and the role it plays at work
- Learn about the definition of Diversity and the role it plays at work
- Building trust with your colleagues
- Time zones
Who Should Attend
Managers and leaders who lead a diverse workforce or teams of employees or clients from different cultures and need to build collaboration.
Why Should You Attend
Communication styles, languages, culture, expressions, and scheduling work across time zones a well as, even the interpretation of time are some challenges that you must navigate. You need to be aware of and sensitive to the various customs and beliefs among the many different cultures. By tacking the role that culture, diversity plays, this webinar will illustrate the point that it all starts with you…