Data Privacy and Information Security Compliance Requirements
Product ID : DENA-0003
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 60 Minutes
Dena Somers is a regulatory compliance expert with more than 20 years legal and consulting experience in the banking and financial services industries. She has domain expertise in all areas of consumer and mortgage lending compliance, including privacy, AML/BSA, OFAC, and information security requirements. Previously, Dena served as General Counsel/CCO for several fintech, mortgage, and specialty finance lenders where she led all aspects of the legal, compliance, and risk management functions. She provides regulatory compliance consulting to lenders and service providers nationwide.
Cybersecurity is a critical issue facing every financial institution and the stakes are rising all the time. Cybercrime, in general, is growing through the roof and the risk of cyber attacks on financial institutions is becoming ever more magnified and apparent. In response, regulatory expectations for robust information security programs, security awareness training, and well-developed cyber risk control structures have increased.
- The four critical control components of an information security program
- The real impact of data privacy and information security requirements on your organization
- The most recent FTC guidance on data security and step-by-step compliance checklist
- Practical controls you can implement to minimize the risk
- Risk assessments
- Strategic planning for data security
- Regulatory developments impacting privacy and information security compliance requirements
- The regulatory impact on your employment policies and practices
Course Level - Intermediate
Who Should Attend
- Compliance and Risk Personnel
- Compliance Counsel
- Information Security Officer and personnel
- Privacy Officer
- Data and Privacy compliance
Why Should You Attend
New data privacy laws and the growing enforcement of existing regulations challenge financial institutions. Given the increase in enforcement actions related to privacy and data security practices, financial institutions face unprecedented scrutiny over the adequacy of their information security practices.
What is your organization doing now to address these challenges? What practical controls should be in place to minimize risk? This webinar will provide an overview of federal and state regulatory requirements, as well as recent legal developments and enforcement trends impacting data privacy and information security compliance. We ’ll outline best practices for small banks and organizations for implementing comprehensive data privacy and information security policies.