Diversity in the Workplace - Avoiding Unconscious Bias
When : Tuesday, September 21, 2021
Time : 01 : 00 PM EST
Duration : 60 Minutes
Audrey Halpern is a soft skills training facilitator consultant with 20+ years of experience. Audrey is currently a faculty member of the American Management Association.
Creating a positive culture of acceptance and inclusion includes understanding how to tap into the hidden power of employees’ differences and create a work environment where everyone thrives. Diversity can be the root of conflict in the workplace if not managed and when conflicts go unresolved, animosity and distrust can build up on teams.
Diverse organizations and teams can yield innovative results, however, leading requires skills that need to leverage collaboration. Through diverse environments, you can positively impact employee retention, employee engagement team performance, and hiring.
- Better understand cultural diversity and how it makes today’s organizations stronger
- Get tips on how to build a workplace where respect is the foundation of your culture
- Understand how your own experiences lead to hidden biases and stereotypes
- Identify common areas of diversity-induced conflict and what to do about it
- The most important communication skills needed to get along and work together
- The right way to explore differences and common ground—making it easier to build trust
- How should you deal with behaviors such as stereotyping
- How to avoid labeling
- How can you influence people’s behavior to change their attitudes?
- How to eliminate prejudice
- How to use three established methods to change behaviors
Course Level - Basic
- Understanding Diversity
- Why Diversity is Important -A Legal Overview
- Understanding the impact of stereotyping and making assumptions
- Stereotypes vs. Biases
- Defusing stereotypes
- Acknowledging differences
- Listening and Hearing: They Aren't the Same Thing
- Encouraging Diversity in the Workplace
- Create a climate for Diversity
- Preventing Discrimination
- Handling Sensitive Situations as a Manager
Who Should Attend
Managers and leaders who are responsible for hiring a diverse work base of employees to form teams and departments.