Employees From Hell: How To Turn Them Around Or Turn Them Out
Product ID : CHDE-0047
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 60 Minutes
Chris DeVany is the founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm that focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle’s clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca-Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, Schlumberger, and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He also has consulted with government agencies from the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Canada, the Cayman Islands, and the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity, and work-life balance, in publications ranging from ASTD/Performance In Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, “90 Days to a High-Performance Team”, published by McGraw Hill and often accompanied by in-person, facilitated instruction, has helped and continues to help thousands of executives, managers, and team leaders improve performance.
He has appeared hundreds of times on radio and television interview programs to discuss mergers and acquisitions (how to manage and survive them), project management, sales, customer service, effective workplace communication, management, handling rapid personal and organizational change, and other topical business issues. He has served or is currently serving as a board member of the International Association of Facilitators, Sales and Marketing Executives International, American Management Association, American Society of Training and Development, Institute of Management Consultants, American Society of Association Executives, Meeting Professionals International, and National Speakers Association. Chris is an award-winning Toastmaster’s International Competition speaker. He recently participated in the Fortune 500 Annual Management Forum as a speaker, panelist, and seminar leader.
Chris has distinguished himself professionally by serving multiple corporations as manager and trainer of sales, operations, project management, IT, customer service, and marketing professionals. Included among those business leaders are Prudential Insurance, Sprint, BayBank (now part of Bank of America), US Health Care, and Marriott Corporation. He has assisted these organizations in mergers and acquisitions, facilitating post-merger and acquisition integration, developing project management, sales, customer service, and marketing strategies, organizing inbound and outbound call center programs, training and developing management and new hires, and fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovation initiatives.
Chris holds degrees in management studies and organizational behavior from Boston University. He has traveled to 22 countries and 47 states in the course of his career.
This webinar has been approved for 1.00 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
For any further assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
It has been said that people are your greatest resource – and it’s true. Great organizations are made up of great people. It is also true, however, that:
- One non-performer can lower the standards of performance for everyone
- One bad actor can affect the morale of those around him
- One disruptive character can make life miserable for those who work with her and especially for you
- Who takes up more of your time than any other employees?
- Who keeps you awake at night, wondering what they’ll do next?
- Who distracts you and your team from its mission?
- Who do you wish would “get with the program?”
- Who do you wish would just “go away?”
That’s right – EMPLOYEES FROM HELL. Want to do something about them? This webinar will give you some answers.
Determining Your Strategy
- Creating a culture of positive accountability
- A fresh approach to rewarding the behaviors you want
- One question that will tell you how to proceed
- Three factors you must consider to determine if the person is worth the energy required to save them
- Keep them or fire them – a simple method for calculating the trade-offs
Conducting The Interventions
- Preparing yourself so you’re likely to succeed
- Six steps to follow that will raise the odds your EFH will change
- Do’s and Don’ts that will reduce the odds you’ll end up in court
- The “Ross Perot” technique for dealing with behavioral slippage
- When and how to cut your losses
- Respite for your conscience – why you shouldn’t beat yourself up for doing what’s right
Course Level - Beginning-Intermediate
Who Should Attend
- New Managers and those who wish to have a review
Why Should You Attend
Anyone who is faced with managing a difficult employee.