Forecasting with Excel’s Powerful Sensitivity Tools
When : Thursday, August 19, 2021
Time : 12 : 00 PM EST
Duration : 90 Minutes
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a one billion dollar real estate development company. Miles is a highly sought-after professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 2000 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, including tax, financial analysis, and financial modeling, accounting matters, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. Among his clients are, Abbott Labs, Bank of America, Boston Scientific, Burger King, Citicorp, Corning, the FBI, the FDA, the Federal Reserve, GE, Harmon, Home Depot, Pfizer, Siemens, Sonic, the U.S. Marine Corps, and the U.S. Army.
Attend this briefing and demonstration on Excel to unleash its powerful sensitivity tools. Get the full power out of your financial models. Improve the design of your models to take advantage of these tools.
Financial analysis is an area of opportunity and risk. Analysis should incorporate tests of sensitivity to changes in key variables using the most advanced tools available. Typical financial models do not effectively utilize these tools. This exposes the analyst to blind spots in their analysis. Analysts will want to obtain and become proficient in the use of the more sophisticated “what if” analysis tools of the trade.
- 20 rules of effective model design
- Applying Scroll Bars to individual cells to flex them over their relative ranges with the touch of your mouse
- Using Goal Seek to discover how much a single variable must move to reach the desired outcome
- Using Data Tables with one or two inputs to deliver an array of outcomes from your model in just seconds
- Using Scenario Manager to store selected groupings of inputs and resulting outcomes
o Use Scenario Manager to consolidate all ”versions” of your model into one file
o Use the standard Scenario Summary to compare your Scenarios automatically
- Expand your skills in financial modeling to a level you never dreamed of in just 90 minutes!
- Bonus – download a copy of the demo model along and the answer key to our demonstration!
Course Level - Intermediate
Who Should Attend
- Financial Analysts
- Business Analysts
- Information Reporting Officers
- Tax Managers
- Compliance Officers
- Compliance Managers
- Accounting Managers
- Risk Managers
Why Should You Attend
Learn best practices for designing efficient forecasting models. Learn how to apply scroll bars, goal seek data tables and scenario manager to your models in this webinar. Experienced CGMA and financial analyst, Miles Hutchinson will demonstrate these tools for you using Microsoft excel. He will provide practical instructions and guidance for applying them and identify the key cautions to help you avoid potential misfires.