Form I-9 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Alert: USCIS Announces Temporary Modifications to Employment Eligibility Verification Process and E-Verify Program!
Product ID : MAFA-0024
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 90 Minutes
Margie Faulk is a senior-level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Advisor for HR Compliance Solutions, LLC, Margie, has worked as an HR Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public, and non-profit sectors. Margie has provided small to large businesses with risk management strategies that protect companies and reduces potential workplace fines and penalties from violation of employment regulations. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s area of expertise includes Criminal Background Screening Policies and Testing, I-9 document correction and storage compliance, Immigration Compliance, employee handbook development, policy development, sexual harassment investigations/certified training, internal investigations for all employee relations issue, volatile termination compliance, labor poster compliance, monitoring US-based federal, state and local regulations, employee relations issues, HR management, compliance consulting, internal/external audits, and performance management. Margie is a speaker and accomplished trainer and has created and presented compliance seminars/webinars for US and International organizations. Margie offers compliance training to HR professionals, business owners, and leadership to ensure compliance with workplace and regulations.
Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from the Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
This webinar has been approved for 1.50 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
For any further assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In response to the new challenges presented by the coronavirus pandemic, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has announced temporary flexibility in the requirements for completing Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, while employers are operating remotely.
DHS also has extended the time in which employers may respond to Notices of I-9 Inspection and the time in which to address certain E-Verify case responses. Some states have begun automatically extending the validity of identification cards and driver’s licenses because of COVID-19. This training will cover the changes initiated by DHS and how Employers can mitigate the changes and still stay compliant.
- Learn what the changes are made by DHS
- Learn which regulations must still be followed
- How long will the changes be in effect?
- How can Employers ensure the changes are made according to regulations?
- How can Employers make the changes to both the Form I-9 and E-Verify
- What other changes are scheduled to be made because of COVID-19?
- Are other regulatory agencies making changes to their regulations?
- Are Notaries a good option for remote employees?
- What states have certain criteria about using notaries to complete the Form I-9?
- What ID documents are able to be used even after the expiration date?
- What states have relaxed their requirements for expired documents due to the COVID-19 Pandemic?
- What are the new changes made about the timing of Notice of Inspections (NOI)?
- How can Employers indicate to E-Verify when there is a late case?
- Where can you include COVID-19 explanation on the Form-I-9?
- How do the changes impact Reverifications?
- How do Employer or their representatives determine the date to include for expired
Who Should Attend
- All Employers
- Business Owners
- Company Leadership
- Compliance professionals
- Payroll Administrators
- HR Professionals
- Small Business Owners
- Large Business Owners
Free for All Attendees : Free Customized Tool to Mitigate the Changes by DHS