How to Analyze the Income Statement
Product ID : ROSE-0004
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 60 Minutes
Ron has over twenty-five years in credit management in the clothing, door and window manufacturing, wine and now the medical device industry. He holds a BS in Accounting and has received his certification in credit and finance from the Amos Tuck business school at Dartmouth University. Ron has been an instructor for NACM for 18 years teaching both the CAP and ACAP classes helping over 150 credit people prepare for their credit designations. Ron is currently the Credit Manager at CooperVision Inc, a $2B Global medical device company. Ron has been honored with the following awards for his efforts in giving back to the credit community; NACM National instructor of the year 2010, Credit Executive of Upstate NY in 2011 and the NACM CCE award of Excellence in 2013. He has a passion for his profession and is continually looking to share his knowledge so other can grow theirs.
Many people may have financial statements in front of them but they do not know what they should be looking for. The Financial statements can be seen as a Maze as there is so much information and people do not know where to start looking first. This live webinar will show people where they can find the income statement information they need and then depending on their needs (Are they looking to invest in the firm, be employed by the firm, consider giving them a loan or extending them a line of credit) how to break down the Income statement section by section, do comparisons, calculate ratios, and make a final decision. By attending this webinar you will have the tools needed to do everything mentioned above and make sound decisions for your organization.
A. Where to find Income Statement information- SEC Website, audited Financial statements
B. What is the make-up of the Income Statement and what should one look for to analyze
C. Discuss how to Common Size the Income Statement so it can be used for comparative purposes
A. Discuss and explain the important ratios that can be pulled off of the Income Statement
B. Learn how to analyze and make up a Multi-Step Income Statement
C. Understand how accounting choices such as LIFO and FIFO can impact your Income statement
1. Learn to understand Profitability, Activity and Turnover ratios
2. Learn how to calculate your company’s DSO and DPO
3. How to analyze an income statement and then write a review to present to management
- After attending this live webinar you will be able to define… Obtain a fundamental understanding of accounts on the income statement
- After attending this live webinar you will be able to describe… How to analyze and interrupt income statement information
- After attending this live webinar you will be able to discuss… How to make better credit decisions for your company
- After attending this live webinar you will be able to explain… and understand the relationship of each account to the Financial Statements.
- After attending this live webinar you will be able to identify… Where to go and find the Income statement information from
- After attending this live webinar you will be able to review… Where do we get the financials we are looking for