How to Create Team Spirit When Mainly Working Virtually
Product ID : AXEL-0005
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 60 Minutes
- Born in Germany
- Joined Air Force and reached the staff office level (O5) as a jet aviator for the German Air Force as well as an exchange officer with the US Air Force F-111. Retired from a 22-year career
- Came to the US 25 years ago for the USAF exchange
- Recruited by a software company after retirement and build a team of 11 direct reports with a 40% revenue impact.
- In 2005 started my own consulting company AMC LLC. We offer:
- Strategy development consulting
- International tech transfer program/project management support
- Employee and leadership skill development programs (custom developed as well as client provided), including coaching and mentoring packages for upper-level managers and leaders, including C-suite.
- Organizational change and L&D requirements support (starting with assessments all the way to full implementation of change programs or learning initiatives)
- Clients we serve include:
- Eaton Corporation (Office 365 roll-our change project)
- Genentech (Global eLearning development program)
- Bayer AG (International Capacity Expansion project US - Germany)
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (Internal project moving manufacturing to the UK)
- Merck Pharma (Developing new strategy for regulatory submissions to FDA)
- Multiple associations and organizations like AMA, TTA, Steven Covey, etc. for delivery of online and in-0person workshops for topics about leadership and communications.
- Master’s degree in Organizational Management
- Ph.D. in Leadership & Org change
- Rutgers University Advisory Board member 2018/2019
- Facilitator/Faculty: “Voice of Leadership” & “Advanced Executive Leadership” – AMA (American Management Association)
- Certified Knowledge Management expert – KMCI (Knowledge Management Consortium International
- Certified Competent Communicator – TM International
- Certificate of Master Coaching – Fowler-Wainwright Institute of professional Coaching
- Certified Performance IQ coach- Global Performance Technologies GPT3
- Certificate of “How to be a better trainer” – Rockhurst University Continuing Education Center
- Certified as a facilitator for CISCO internal consultant communication program
- Certified facilitator/trainer for The Learning Factor in support of ANZ Bank
- Certified 360 Assessment facilitator for Sum-Total systems used by J&J FLL2 managers & leaders
- Certified Talent development champion (Take Charge of your Talent Inc.)
- Designer/inventor of “Innovation Mapping” interactive learning method
- Certified in N.E.W.S Team development model (Facilitated Training, Org transformation, Executive Coaching)
This webinar has been approved for 1.00 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
For any further assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are many virtual communication tools. What’s the difference between using phone or using one of the many video conferencing tools? What features should you learn to use so you can increase team spirit, motivation? How can you get the team members to eagerly await the sessions rather than dread them?
In this program, we will address the benefits and detriments of virtual team interactions and many engagement options you can use to improve the current standard. We will show you how to make all participants active and no longer have them passively sit in front of a webcam waiting to be called upon. While the new technology might appear scary and unfamiliar it provides great opportunities to make your team stronger and turn you into a champion of working in this new world of virtual communication and leadership.
With recent development, many people were forced to use virtual tools,
videoconferencing, etc. to communicate with their peers and their teams.
For anybody not familiar for some time it was a big adjustment. When thinking about management and leadership, the question becomes, how to create or maintain a team spirit? Human is tribal animals and we like to be together, sit around the fire pit and tell stories to create an atmosphere of warmth, caring, and team spirit. That is harder to do online using modern communication tools, but it is possible. This program will provide solutions to the issue of creating or maintaining team spirit even if we can’t be together in person. It’ works across town and across continents and anything in between.
Tools available, strengths and weaknesses, how to use them, what to avoid, and how to engage.
Course Level - Intermediate
Who Should Attend
Anybody in need of working in a virtual team or managing/leading a virtual team
Why Should You Attend
You probably wonder how you keep your team members motivated. What are they doing all day if you can’t see them in their cubicles or office? You don’t meet them in meeting rooms and can’t bring together different expert teams to tackle issues and problems. How do you make sure that things that need discussion, contemplation of options, and decisions for a solution don’t pass you buy, get assumed to be handled by another person, or completely overlooked? How do you know that people are still committed to your team and your organization when everything happens virtually? Are they even listening when on calls or do they handle other stuff when you can see them? Learn what you can do to manage, lead, and motive in the new virtual environment to get the same, maybe even more out of your team and have an inspired atmosphere.