How to Make a Successful Credit Decision With Limited Information
When : Friday, September 10, 2021
Time : 12 : 00 PM EST
Duration : 60 Minutes
Ron has over thirty years in credit management in the clothing, door and window manufacturing, wine, the medical device industry, and now direct mailing. He holds a BS in Accounting and has received his certification in credit and finance from the Amos Tuck business school at Dartmouth University. Ron has been an instructor for NACM for 21 years teaching both the CAP and ACAP classes helping over 150 credit people prepare for their credit designations. Ron is currently the Director of Credit and Collections and payment solutions at Mspark Inc, the number two direct mailing company in the US. Ron has been honored with the following awards for his efforts in giving back to the credit community; NACM National instructor of the year 2010, Credit Executive of Upstate NY in 2011, and the NACM CCE award of Excellence in 2013. He has a passion for his profession and is continually looking to share his knowledge so others can grow theirs.
Your company just received a large order from a brand-new customer, and they are anxious to get it shipped. However, as you try to pull a credit report you are not able to find anything of substance on this potential new customer, what do you do? This webinar will give you tools that you can use to help find out more about this potential new account, how to work with your sales team to get them educated about the processes you have, and have them be a part of how to get what you need.
30 years of working in credit, managing staffs up to 20 people and100%
of the time working out a way to set up a new customer with minimal write-offs.
- You will learn about the 5 C’s of credit and how they can help you make sound credit decisions
- We will look at several different financial statements and learn what you can pull from them that could help in your decision to ship a new account or not
- A look into financial ratios such as; Leverage, debt/equity, DSO, DPO, Profitability ratios, Altman Z score, and see a write up to the management of whether you should or should not open an account with the proper support
Course Level - Intermediate
Who Should Attend
- Credit managers/Credit analysts/ Collection specialists
- Anyone overseeing the credit and collections area
Why Should You Attend
Anyone who is in a decision-making role will need to use financial statements to assist them in their decision. The following people have attended these sessions over the past years and commented on the usefulness of it;
- Credit Managers
- Credit Analysts
- Small Business Owners
- General Managers