Linking Pay To Performance: Increasing Employee Engagement & Organizational Performance
When : Wednesday, September 01, 2021
Time : 01 : 00 PM EST
Duration : 90 Minutes
Diane L. Dee, President, and Founder of Advantage HR Consulting, LLC is a senior Human Resources professional with over 30 years of experience in the HR arena. Diane’s background includes experience in HR consulting and training & administration in corporate, government, consulting, and pro bono environments.
Diane founded Advantage HR Consulting in early 2016. Under Diane’s leadership, Advantage HR Consulting provides comprehensive, cost-effective Human Resources solutions for small to mid-sized public and private firms in the greater Chicagoland area. Diane also develops and conducts webinars on a wide variety of HR compliance and administrative topics for various training firms across the country. Additionally, Diane is the author of multiple white papers and e-books addressing various HR compliance topics.
Diane holds a Master Certificate in Human Resources from Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations and has attained SPHR and SHRM-SCP certification. Diane is a member of the National Association of Women Business Owners and the Society for Human Resource Management. Additionally, Diane performs pro bono work through the Taproot Foundation assisting non-profit clients by integrating their Human Resources goals with their corporate strategies.
Organizations spend an enormous amount of time, energy, and resources each year to set their organizational goals. To attain those goals, a company relies on its greatest asset: its employees. Employees who feel recognized demonstrate a stronger desire to help the company grow and succeed. Therefore, having pay for performance system incorporated into your organizational structure could leverage employee engagement and enhance overall organizational performance.
One methodology used to increase an organization’s productivity and profitability is to link performance pay with the organization’s goals. When instituting a pay-for-performance system, companies focus on translating organizational goals into performance measures at every level of the organization, from senior leaders on down. Discover how linking performance pay with organizational goals can boost productivity and benefit your organization.
- Defining goal-based performance management
- Pros and Cons of linking performance to pay
- Obtaining buy-in at all levels of the organization
- Methods for introducing a goal-based performance system to employees
- Handling push-back from employees and managers
- Why some managers hesitate to get on board with a goal-based performance management system and how to get past that issue
- Concept of “cascading” goals
- Six steps to cascading organizational goals, aligning them with the organization’s performance management process, and creating relevant employee development plans connected to the organization’s business strategy
- SMART goals
- How to set individual employee goals
- Performance tools available to managers
- How to coach employees who are not meeting goals
- Understand how pay for performance encourages exceptional performance among employees
- Tips to getting buy-in from all levels of the organization
- Learn methods to identify the characteristics of effective goals
- Understand the relationship of professional development to goals
- Create a “line of sight” connection between company, group, and individual goals
- Understand the link between employee engagement and performance management
Course Level - Intermediate
Who Should Attend
- Senior Management
- HR Managers
- HR Generalists
- Operations Managers
- Compensation Professionals
- Managers with HR responsibility
- Any professional who establishes goals/performance targets or who has accountability for operational outcomes
Why Should You Attend
Alignment between an organization and its employees doesn’t come naturally – it takes planning, hard work, and communication. Learning effective techniques to optimize organizational outcomes by ensuring there is a ‘line of sight” connection between organizational objectives and the goals established for individual employees is crucial. Participation in this webinar will offer attendees the opportunity to learn techniques to link performance pay with organizational goals resulting in a boost in productivity and numerous other benefits to the organization.