Tips and Tools for Managing Excel Lists and Databases
When : Wednesday, September 8, 2021
Time : 01 : 00 PM EST
Duration : 90 Minutes
Cathy Horwitz believes that when your employees know the capabilities of the software they use, they will demonstrate improved productivity, will be more efficient and will be able to problem-solve more easily. Cathy teaches classes on the Microsoft suite of application software including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and Outlook. Cathy has over 30 years of experience in the classroom and virtual training and has been an instructor of Microsoft Office since 1989.
Her strengths include customizing classes based on the needs of individual students and providing realistic business examples to complement the training. She is a high-energy trainer with a flair for training adult students. She holds the Modern Classroom Certified Trainer certification from Logical Operations which prepares instructors for all aspects of delivering a course using the latest training technologies and approaches. When not teaching, Cathy enjoys gardening, shopping estate sales and refinishing mid-century furniture.
Microsoft Excel has become the de facto spreadsheet application for business. But do you sometimes feel like you have rows and rows of data and it is hard to make heads or tails of it? This instructor-led online class will help you learn how to manage databases in Excel and get the most out of them.
For 90-minutes, our Excel expert will lead you through a full array of powerful and easy-to-use database commands and methods critical to effectively working with Excel databases. In this must-attend webinar, you will learn how to improve your Excel database skills so that you can better summarize information-making better, more-informed business decisions.
- Easy-to-use methods to build and manage your database
- Specialized table tools that simplify your job
- Techniques to sort and filter data in order to identify business trends
- Tips and tricks to validate your data and guarantee accuracy
- Set up a usable database
- Navigate a large database
- Sort data by single and multiple columns
- Filter for specific data sets
- Custom filter for text, numbers and dates
- Use Data Validation to create drop-down lists for easy data entry
- Subtotal data
- Import a text file into Excel
- Learn the benefits of tables
- Create and modify tables
- Add and delete data in a table
- Calculate data in a table
- Use the table’s total row
- Summarize table data with a PivotTable
- Learn the benefit of refreshing PivotTables based on tables
- Convert tables to normal ranges of data and why
Who Should Attend
- Business Owners
- CEO's / CFO's / CTO's
- Financial Consultants
- IT Professionals
- Human Resource Personnel
- Anybody with large amounts of data
- Anybody who uses Microsoft Excel on a regular basis, and wants to be more efficient and productive
Why Should You Attend
Learn how to manage databases in Excel with this webinar. Learn the tools that will help large amounts of data seem more manageable and easier to sort through and analyze. Become a master at working with databases in Excel.