Managing Workplace Conflict
Product ID : BOVE-0005
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 60 Minutes
Bob Verchota is the owner and senior consultant for RPVerchota & Associates, a consulting firm providing services to clients who seek to align their business and employees, creating successful outcomes and excellent work environments. After 30+ years in Human Resources senior leadership roles and teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses in Leadership and Organizational Development, Bob transitioned to using his experience and skills in consulting.
Mr. Verchota provides solutions to companies for a wide variety of HR issues including training and development, compensation, compliance, policy development, performance management, employee relations and managing change from mergers and acquisitions to project-specific disruptions of the status quo.
Bob has an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, a graduate degree in Healthcare Administration, and doctoral work (ABD) in Organizational Development. He is a lifetime Senior Professional in Human Resources.
This webinar has been approved for 1.00 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
For any further assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What impact does dysfunctional conflict have on your workplace? High tensions, stress, and anxiety? Reduced effectiveness, productivity, and quality? Increased absenteeism, turnover, hostility, and possibly violence? Is conflict displayed as outward aggression and dominance or are their issues with conflict avoidance where important issues are unresolved?
The dysfunctional conflict has destructive consequences and studies show that managers spend 20 - 40% of their time resolving or dealing with conflict. The total estimated cost in the US business is $259 Billion. Unresolved conflict is tied to 50% of employee turnover. The conflict that results in a legal action will cost $$$’s – even if you win.
What impact does negative conflict have on your company and what is the personal impact on you? Stress, insomnia, anger, resentment, depression? Do you feel trapped, bullied, taken advantage of? Do you back down or strike back when you shouldn’t? Is the drama more than you want? The dysfunctional conflict has a profoundly negative impact on almost every level of business. Fortunately, there are actions you can take to turn it around.
- Learn strategies to handle conflict with confidence and poise
- Drive for harmony, reduced drama, and respectful communication
- Thirteen keys to confronting conflict constructively
- Gain perspective on your role in the conflict
- Ways managers make the conflict worse
- Four keys to confronting conflict constructively
- Thirteen major strategies to help you manage conflict
- Learn the 9 hot buttons that can inflame conflict and what to do about it
- Receive a conflict model outlining the five major options
- Dysfunctional behavior to watch out for based on your personality
- Mediating conflict – techniques when employees are at odds
- Assertive and aggressive behavior – how are they different?
Who Should Attend
- Team leaders
- Human resource professionals
- Employees who deal with conflict in the workplace
Why Should You Attend
This program will help participants understand the dynamics of conflict management and provide useful direction on managing conflict effectively.