Onboarding Best Practices for Millennials and all Employees
Product ID : BOVE-0007
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 60 Minutes
Bob Verchota is the owner and senior consultant for RPVerchota & Associates, a consulting firm providing services to clients who seek to align their business and employees, creating successful outcomes and excellent work environments. After 30+ years in Human Resources senior leadership roles and teaching both undergraduate and graduate courses in Leadership and Organizational Development, Bob transitioned to using his experience and skills in consulting.
Mr. Verchota provides solutions to companies for a wide variety of HR issues including training and development, compensation, compliance, policy development, performance management, employee relations and managing change from mergers and acquisitions to project-specific disruptions of the status quo.
Bob has an undergraduate degree in Business Administration, a graduate degree in Healthcare Administration, and doctoral work (ABD) in Organizational Development. He is a lifetime Senior Professional in Human Resources.
This webinar has been approved for 1.00 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, aPHRi™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
For any further assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reducing turnover and fast-tracking new employees to productivity is a key business imperative. The reality is that about 30% of employees don’t make it past their first year and it’s expensive. Good recruitment and hiring can be quickly undone by disorganized poorly executed new employee orientation. And as millennials become a driving force in the workplace, they represent special opportunities and challenges. Every generation has unique needs and Millennials are no different. But good onboarding practices for Millennials is generally good for everyone. This is an opportunity to step up our game.
The research is clear; a systematic comprehensive onboarding process is good business. In fact, formal onboarding increases the chance of keeping a new employee for at least 3 years by 69% and one study showed employees were productive two months earlier with an effective program. Employees get up to speed quickly and stay on the job longer when their the first-year experience is well managed.
Best practices onboarding integrates the employee into the company through socialization, acculturation, training, and coaching. The result is employees who clearly understand their role and feel connected to the company. We’ll show you how best of class programs start onboarding during the recruitment and have a systematic program for the first year of work. This webinar gives you the key components to a cost-effective onboarding plan that will increase retention and productivity.
- The purpose and benefits of a great onboarding program
- Understand the 5 key components of the best practices onboarding program
- Understand the four “C’s”: Compliance, Clarification, Culture, Connection
- 8 Tips for enhancing Millennial onboarding
- Applying gamification to onboarding – why and how
- How to structure a comprehensive onboarding plan
- Nurturing Millennials from the start
- Five metrics to help measure the effectiveness
- How to build connections with new hires
- Quickly getting Millennials to their full potential
- How retention interviews support onboarding
- Receive an assessment of your onboarding program
- Receive coaching and mentoring questions to build engagement and loyalty
- How to use technology to modernize your program
- Best practices for effective programs
- Problems and pitfalls to avoid in building your program
- Tips and ideas to make your program more effective
Handouts and Samples
1. Coaching questions for retention and engagement
2. Onboarding program assessment
3. List of 100+ onboarding best practices
Who Should Attend
- Human Resources professionals
- supervisors and organizational development
Why Should You Attend
onboarding ensures employees become more productive and effective more
quickly, increases engagement, and improves retention. Onboarding best practice is a competitive advantage for companies that want to succeed.