SOX: Demystifying the Documentation Process
Product ID : MIKE-0010
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 60 Minutes
A Certified Public Accountant, business author Mike Morley is an entertaining and informative speaker and a recognized authority in the field of finance. Mike offers various training programs, such as IFRS, SOX, and Financial Statement Analysis that focus on providing continuing education opportunities for finance and accounting professionals. Many Fortune 500 companies take advantage of his training programs to bring their staff up to speed so that everyone understands what their responsibilities are.
Mike is the author of several books, including:
- “IFRS Simplified”, which provides a jump start for accountants and finance executives who want to quickly and easily get up to date on IFRS
- “Sarbanes-Oxley Simplified,” which is an easy-to-read explanation of the requirements of the U.S. legislation that makes CEO's & CFO's personally responsible for the accuracy of their company's financial statements
- “Financial Statement Analysis Simplified” which translates the accounting language of financial statements into clear, easy-to-understand terms that anyone who needs to make well-informed financial decisions quickly will appreciate
Many people feel overwhelmed when faced with the daunting task of documenting their company’s Sarbanes-Oxley controls. This presentation will help you to confidently deliver SOX documentation which auditors and executives are pleased to sign. The SOX documentation process does not have to be complicated. This presentation will show you how simple it can be.
Documentation is simply writing down what it is that your company does to prove that effective controls have virtually eliminated any possibility of fraud or mistakes. This session will provide you with the tools to prepare SOX documentation that is easily understood and implemented.
- Getting started: Establishing the scope of the project
- Setting priorities: Identifying key business processes
- Integrating processes from outside your department
- Interviewing people: Asking the right questions
- Describing key business processes
- Describing related controls
- Feedback: Confirming you have it right
- Integrating SOX into daily routines
- The role of IT systems in SOX documentation
Course Level - Basic/Fundamental to Intermediate
Who Should Attend
- Board members
- External and internal auditors
- Compliance professionals
- Financial Managers
- Managers required to co-certify
- Financial Controllers
- Company Executives
- Anyone involved in the SOX documentation process
Why Should You Attend
Many accounting professionals may feel overwhelmed when faced with the daunting task of documenting their company’s Sarbanes-Oxley controls. However, the SOX documentation process does not have to be complicated. It is much simpler than you think.