Strategic Planning and Execution: The 1-2-3 Year Plan for Enterprise Success
Product ID : CHDE-0020
Level : Advance
Duration : 90 Minutes
Chris DeVany is the founder and president of Pinnacle Performance Improvement Worldwide, a firm which focuses on management and organization development. Pinnacle’s clients include global organizations such as Visa International, Cadence Design Systems, Coca Cola, Sprint, Microsoft, Aviva Insurance, Schlumberger and over 500 other organizations in 22 countries. He also has consulted to government agencies from the United States, the Royal Government of Saudi Arabia, Canada, Cayman Islands, and the United Kingdom.
He has published numerous articles in the fields of surviving mergers and acquisitions, surviving change, project management, management, sales, team-building, leadership, ethics, customer service, diversity, and work-life balance, in publications ranging from ASTD/Performance In Practice to Customer Service Management. His book, “90 Days to a High-Performance Team”, published by McGraw Hill and often accompanied by in-person, facilitated instruction, has helped and continues to help thousands of executives, managers, and team leaders improve performance.
He has appeared hundreds of times on radio and television interview programs to discuss mergers and acquisitions (how to manage and survive them), project management, sales, customer service, effective workplace communication, management, handling rapid personal and organizational change and other topical business issues. He has served or is currently serving as a board member of the International Association of Facilitators, Sales and Marketing Executives International, American Management Association, American Society of Training and Development, Institute of Management Consultants, American Society of Association Executives, Meeting Professionals International and National Speakers Association. Chris is an award-winning Toastmaster’s International Competition speaker. He recently participated in the Fortune 500 Annual Management Forum as a speaker, panelist and seminar leader.
Chris has distinguished himself professionally by serving multiple corporations as manager and trainer of sales, operations, project management, IT, customer service and marketing professionals. Included among those business leaders are Prudential Insurance, Sprint, BayBank (now part of Bank of America), US Health Care and Marriott Corporation. He has assisted these organizations in mergers and acquisitions, facilitating post-merger and acquisition integration, developing project management, sales, customer service, and marketing strategies, organizing inbound and outbound call center programs, training and development of management and new hires, and fostering corporate growth through creative change and innovation initiatives.
Chris holds degrees in management studies and organizational behavior from Boston University. He has traveled to 22 countries and 47 states in the course of his career.
Have you looked at how your company develops strategy lately?
Is your organization poised to implement strategies that create value, generate growth and result in profits? Who thinks strategically in your firm? Strategy formation and strategic thinking have evolved...make sure your strategic thinking skills are keeping pace. You need to know the answers to these questions plus...what tools still work and continue to be useful in the development of the strategy. What new approaches might give your organization a kick-start to move to a new level of high performance?
This course is designed to mesh the proven-by-practice with new insights and ideas from a wide range of current strategic thinking. Managers learn by doing and gain a wider perspective of management practice through breakout sessions, practice exercises, and case applications. Bring your strategic dilemmas to this program and get direction on up-to-date analytical and organizational approaches to solutions.
You will gain an understanding as to when it’s time to re-think strategy or to re-invent your organization. Get a clear perspective on your organizational role in the development and implementation of successful strategies.
- How to structure the development of a strategy for an organization
- How to ask strategic questions
- How to generate sufficient data and organize it into relevant information for use in developing a strategy
- How your organization and the business environment in which it exists interact through strategy formation and implementation
- How resources reinforce strategic direction and influence results
- Positive means of engaging the organization in strategy formation and implementation
Course Level - All levels
Who Should Attend
- Senior Vice President
- Vice President
- Executive Director
- Managing Director
- Regional Vice President
- Area Supervisor
Why Should You Attend
By attending, you will understand how to even more effectively:
- Identify the benefits of focusing on strategy
- Learn the different ways in which vision can be used in the organization
- Understand how to integrate strategy, objectives, metrics, and performance
- Learn the new strategic patterns that are evolving in the business world and develop ideas for their application for your organization
- Discover when to use action plans to implement strategy and when a looser system is required
- Would you like to identify the immediate benefits of focusing on strategy?
- Would it help to learn the different ways you can use vision to inspire others?
- How about understanding how to even more effectively integrate strategy, objectives, metrics, and performance?
- Is it worth 90 minutes of your time to improve your and your team’s productivity and performance?
- If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then come laugh, listen and learn as Chris DeVany leads us all through those important topics, key questions and answers we all need to be able to address effectively to improve our team members’ and team’s performance!