Successfully Manage People Who Are Older Than You
Product ID : AUDR-0012
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 60 Minutes
Audrey Halpern is a soft skills training facilitator consultant with 20+ years of experience. Audrey is currently a faculty member of the American Management Association where she trains communication skills.
Generational diversity” is no longer just a buzzword. We’re seeing younger and younger individuals in positions of power and influence in the workforce, and these days it’s not uncommon for the power hierarchy to be reversed, with older individuals reporting to younger bosses. You cannot manage an experienced worker based on authority from your position title alone. Managing someone older than you don’t have to be an angst-ridden experience. Learning how to work with and manage all your employees, no matter the age is essential to the success of your team and company.
To truly be the most effective in your managerial role while avoiding the most common pitfalls new and untrained supervisors face. From having a clear understanding of your new role in gaining buy-in from your new staff, we'll provide you with the strategies and techniques that will help you get real results while minimizing stress and frustration.
Being able to manage and motivate employees that have more experience than you mean being able to put aside your ego and focus on understanding different views of those generations you manage. It is up to you to take the lead and create the climate in which older workers will remain engaged and productive.
This webinar focuses on providing you the topics that you need to learn in order to understand how other generations operate.
- Portray confidence through alleviating your fears
- Communication essentials-communicate - clearly and tactfully to all generations
- How to deal quickly and professionally with every performance problem
- How to give criticism in a way that creates positive behavior - not resentment
- Build respect and earn the trust
- How to be the calm in the storm when there is chaos
- Build solid team productivity by demonstrating respect
- How to keep employee of all generation engaged and motivated
Who Should Attend
Managers and supervisors who have recently been promoted, those taking on new management responsibilities, those with little or no formal training - will benefit from the ideas, techniques, and tools offered in this program.