Suicide: Management and Employee Awareness and Protocol Skills for the Workplace
Product ID : JIZA-0003
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 60 Minutes
Jim Zalud is a 30-year teacher of verbal, non-verbal, and mnemonic skills. Jim has spoken to police departments, colleges, and corporations throughout America. He has completed Law Enforcement Crisis Intervention Training, advanced Forensic Interviewing Training, and is a member of the International Law Enforcement Educators and Trainers Association. He is also the Body Language Expert for the ABC Affiliate WTVO TV-17 in Rockford, Illinois. Jim is the co-author, along with Ann Bumbak, of the book: AUTISM for FIRST RESPONDERS and YOU.
- Reveal facts that will increase your knowledge and readiness to identify, process, and mitigate a suicide crisis in the workplace. Give you skills that may:
1. Save you from misreading a critical life-and-death situation.
2. Save you from losing your job because of negligence or dereliction of duties.
3. Save your corporation from litigation, in the event your actions, or lack of actions, result in a lawsuit.
- Give you a professional understanding of recognizing, resolving, and following up on an employee that is perceived to be suicidal or has committed suicide.
- Know the signals of an impending suicide
- Know the recommended techniques for interviewing a crisis person
- Know what NOT to say to a person in a suicidal crisis
- Know the resources available to facilitate a resolution
- Know what to do in the aftermath of a suicide in the workplace
Who Should Attend
- Police Officers, Fire Fighters, and Public Administrative Personnel
- Educators, School Nurses, School Bus Drivers, and Crossing Guards
- Doctors, Nurses, and Hospital Administrative Personnel
- Business Executives, Managers, and Supervisors
- Mall Executives, Store Managers, and Security Personnel