The 20 Essential Characteristics of Successful Worksite Wellness Programs
Product ID : DONP-0001
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 60 Minutes
Dr. Don R. Powell is the President and CEO of the URAC Accredited American Institute for Preventive Medicine located in Farmington Hills, Michigan. For 33 years the Institute has been a leading developer and provider of health and productivity management programs. It is internationally recognized for its ability to present health information in a format that employees can easily understand and are motivated to follow; thereby reducing health care costs and absenteeism. Over 13,000 corporations, hospitals, MCOs, unions, and government agencies use its wellness solutions. Some of its clients include Chrysler, Office Depot, CitiBank, Merck, CBS, Lowe’s, BlueCross/BlueShield, the Center for Disease Control, Baylor Medical Center, U.S Army, CIA, and the Department of Health & Human Services.
This talk will address the many factors to be considered in the design and implementation of a successful worksite wellness program.
As research on the effectiveness of worksite wellness programs is showing the positive effects for both the employee and organization, it is important to ensure that your program is the best in class. A Harvard study found that companies who provide worksite wellness programs have an average return on investment of $3.27 to 1 due to reduced health-care costs and a return on investment of $2.73 to 1 due to reduced absenteeism. This talk will address the many factors to be considered in the design and implementation of a successful worksite wellness program. It will also examine the issues an organization may face, the array of options a company can choose from, as well as provide the tips and strategies necessary to ensure that the worksite wellness program is successful and ongoing.
- At the end of this session, attendees will be able to identify 20 wellness program activities to offer
- At the end of this session, attendees will be able to increase participation in worksite wellness programs
- At the end of this session, attendees will be able to know 5 ways to evaluate the effectiveness of a worksite wellness program
- At the end of this session, attendees will be able to alter the company’s culture so that it becomes a healthy one
Who Should Attend
- Human Resource Professionals
- Benefit Managers
- Wellness Coordinators
- Occupational Health Nurses
- Medical Directors
- EAP Professionals
- Health and Safety Directors