We Need to Talk – Having Difficult Conversations
Product ID : RHSC-0003
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 60 Minutes
Rhonda Scharf CSP, HoF, GSF
Insightful … humorous … entertaining … even contagious … words that are often used to describe Rhonda Scharf. A speaker with the uncanny ability to look at the normal and see something quite different. Rhonda will share some things she has learned to help you thrive in your work environment, emerging at the end of the day with a smile and a sense of accomplishment. Audiences far and wide sing her praises for her relevant and useful tips on administration, communication, and workplace effectiveness!
Rhonda is an author, speaker,
trainer, and grandmother! She has earned her Certified Speaking
Professional (less than 7% of all speakers worldwide have earned this
designation), is a member of the Canadian Speaking Hall of Fame and is
one of only 35 speakers worldwide who have earned their Global Speaking
Fellow (meaning she truly has an international business), and been awarded the Spirit of CAPS award. She is the ONLY speaker in the entire world who has earned all four awards. Her peers consider Rhonda a leader in the speaking industry! Her natural warmth and sincerity are balanced by a healthy sense of the absurd, a combination that is useful in any situation. Rhonda’s professional speaking career began at age two… when her mother would offer her 25 cents to be quiet for five minutes!
Having difficult conversations isn’t fun for anyone. Telling someone they smell nice, saying no to a client, or having to tell an employee they need to find another job is something that no one looks forward to doing. We feel anxious and uncomfortable. Yet, our roles demand that we know-how, and are willing to have those difficult conversations. We need to be effective and build trust and respect, without damaging relationships along the way.
This webinar with Rhonda will show you how. You’ll be given an easy, and fun, a framework to keep you ON THE RIGHT TRACK with those conversations that start with “We Need to Talk”. Learn to deliver those difficult conversations in a professional manner.
- 10 tips for handling difficult conversations (be prepared to say and do the right thing instead of assuming you can “wing” it. Hint: You can’t!)
- How to use questioning to your advantage in a difficult conversation (learn what the other is thinking by the right questions. Many times they are thinking the same thing you are!)
- Giving negative feedback (learn how to deliver negative feedback so the other person isn’t embarrassed and willing to fix what needs fixing)
- Handling your emotions (and the emotions of the other person) (are you afraid you will blank out, cry, or yell? Learn what you need to do so you can stay cool and calm)
- A step-by-step model to follow to make it easy (this model can be applied in any situation quickly to ensure your difficult conversation is not so difficult after all!)
Course Level - Basic/Fundamental
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who struggles with having those “uncomfortable” conversations with friends and colleagues.
- Managers and Supervisors
- Human Resource Professionals
- Senior Leadership
Why Should You Attend
If you have ever avoided having a difficult conversation with a peer, a friend, an employee, or manager because you didn’t know how to say what you were thinking, this webinar will be for you! Many times we avoid these conversations because we are afraid to say the wrong thing, afraid that things will be taken out of context and the relationship will be forever damaged, or afraid we will make matters worse. By taking yourself out of having difficult conversations you are exchanging short term discomfort for long term dysfunction.
Whether you are a manager or not, we all need to have these uncomfortable conversations in our personal and professional life. This webinar will give you all the tools you need to have any difficult conversations professionally and respectfully. Don’t risk your relationships because you avoid difficult conversations. Make them even better!