What Policies Should be Part of Your Employee Handbook in 2019 or Risk Lawsuits in 2020!
Product ID : MAFA-0013
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 90 Minutes
Margie Faulk, PHR, SHRM-CP HR Compliance Solutions, LLC-Compliance Advisor/Speaker/Trainer, is a senior-level human resources professional with over 14 years of HR management and compliance experience. A current Compliance Officer for HR Compliance Solutions, Margie has worked as an HR and Compliance advisor for major corporations and small businesses in the small, large, private, public, and non-profit sectors. Margie is bilingual (Spanish) fluent and Bi-cultural.
Margie’s focus has expanded to Global Workplace Compliance in International, multi-state, multi-National, state, and local workplace compliance which includes workplace compliance in other countries like the UK, Canada, France, Brazil, China, Africa, Mexico, and India, just to name a few.
Margie has created and presented seminars/webinars for many compliance institutes. These national training providers, offer compliance training to HR professionals, business owners, and companies interested in having their company compliant with workplace and industry regulations. Margie holds professional human resources certification (PHR) from the HR Certification Institution (HRCI) and SHRM-CP certification from the Society for Human Resources Management. Margie is a member of the Society of Corporate Compliance & Ethics (SCCE).
This webinar has been approved for 1.50 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™, and SPHRi™ recertification through HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). Please make note of the activity ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org
For any further assistance please contact us at email@example.com
Employee handbooks have been a tool for Employers from small to large companies for several years. Many companies elect to have employee handbooks and utilize employee handbook templates that are provided online which we call “cookie cutter handbook” since they are created as a “one size fits all”. Unfortunately, employee handbooks can be a huge risk if not updated regularly, adapted to each company, reflect policies that are followed consistently and reflect current regulations.
Employee handbooks are also a critical communication tool for employees to understand what the company expects from them as well as what the company expects from employees.
- Paid/Unpaid Leave
- Transgender Restroom Requirements and Gender Equity and Expression Guidelines
- Pay Equity and Pay Discrimination
- Criminal Background Checks and New Decision Matrix Requirement
- Immigration Changes and How Your Workplace Responds to Trump’s Immigration Restrictions
- Sexual Harassment, Workplace Harassment and Violence in the Workplace
- Marijuana and the Challenges posed by Drug and Substance Abuse Testing
- Leave of Absence Challenges with American with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Wellness Programs
- New EEOC Guidance on Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking Leave
- Parental Leave
- Paid Sick Leave
- Wage Deduction Restrictions
- Federal Contractors New Regulations
- Reasonable Accommodations Requirements
More Federal, State and Local Regulations
Who Should Attend
- Business Owners, Company Leadership and Board of Directors (CFO, COO, CEO)
- Federal Contractors
- Department Heads
- Human resources professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Payroll professionals
- Managers/Supervisors & new and potential Managers
- Office Managers responsible for HR responsibilities
- A person responsible for Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Why Should You Attend
Did you know that Employee Handbooks can be a risk or a benefit for Employers? For years an Employee Handbook has been one of the first documents employment law attorneys request when they are planning to pursue workplace charges against an Employer. Shouldn’t you ensure that your employee handbook protects your company instead of exposing it to numerous risk? Let me help you create an employee handbook that will reduce your companies’ risk and help you mitigate the numerous workplace regulations that can impact your company.
In my workplace compliance experience, employees review the handbook when they are new employees coming onboard to a company and when they are considering leaving the company or when they are considering suing the company.
Free Tool for all Attendees - Transgender Equity and Gender Protection Guide