Why Employees Lack Problem Solving Skills and What To Do About It
Product ID : DAVE-0002
Level : Intermediate
Duration : 60 Minutes
Internationally recognized author and leadership expert David Dye work with leaders who want to achieve transformational results. The award-winning author of several books including Winning Well: A Manager’s Guide to Getting Results Without Losing Your Soul, David is also a former executive, elected official, and transforms organizations that want to have a global impact.
In order to succeed you need employees to think critically and solve problems on their own. Average managers make a critical mistake that prevents their employees from gaining these skills. In this practical and engaging program, get the skills to avoid this mistake and gain the must-have skill for any manager or business leader: employee coaching. Using simple, but powerful coaching techniques, can create higher morale, tremendous loyalty and increase productivity. How can you use coaching skills to build more problem-solving and drive more success?
This high-impact program focuses on the behaviors you need to help your employees become effective problem solvers, transform your business results, reclaim your time, and even boost employee loyalty.
- Eliminate the common management behavior that prevents employees from solving problems on their own
- How to quickly have the right developmental conversation with your employee
- Coaching People to Succeed
- Keys to delivering high-impact and effective feedback
- What you can do today to inspire all of your employees
- Delivering constructive criticism without bruising egos
- Essential Coaching Skills that Maximize Employee Performance
- Coaching styles that help - and hurt - productivity
- Distinct coaching methods: Dealing with attitude vs. behavior
- Nine questions that encourage greater responsibility, foster critical thinking and promote employee-problem solving
- A Proven Coaching Model You Can Use Today: Improve Productivity
- Delivering feedback that increases performance and accountability
- Proven ways to remove barriers that stop critical thinking and problem-solving
- Why employees don’t solve problems
- Why employees lack critical thinking
- How to develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Time management
- Priority management
- Employee growth and development
- How you can be a more effective manager and leader when your team solve problems without you
- The importance of clarity and mutually shared expectations
- Why you can’t manage attitude or emotion and what to do instead
- Get employees to do the thinking you’ve been doing
Who Should Attend
Frontline and middle-level managers who want to reclaim their time, stop doing their employees’ work for them and transform their results with a powerful team of problem-solving employees.